Re: Volkswagon CD changer

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Mitch wrote:

> I just bought a Jetta GLX WITH the Bose system.  It sounds great!  I am
> interested in either swapping out the head unit for a AM/FM/CD or
> purchasing a 6 disc changer.  My local dealer is asking $510 for the
> factory changer!!!!!

The bose system sounds o.k., but the whole problem is the head unit.  If
you read the specs, it cannot even handle the frequency response of a CD.
As I've said before - the speaker/amp combination in the car is good, but
the head sucks.  If you can afford it, replacing the head unit is the best
move you can make.

**************John Andrew Kilpatrick*kilpatri@cs.ucdavis.edu*******************
*  "Tsuki ni kawatte...oshiokiyo!"  |   I do not speak for CS, UC Davis, or   *
*    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon    |   anyone else.   You have been warned.  *
********************http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~kilpatri/*******************