Driver side door locking problem.

I have a '95 GLX and about a week ago something happened to the driver
side door lock.  Here are the symptoms: When I put the key in the door I
can turn it all the way to the right and left stops but the doors
neither lock or unlock.  The central locking works on the passenger side
fine using the key and when sitting in the car I can pull the driver
side button up and down and the central locking functions properly as
well.

Has anyone had this problem before that could offer some words of
wisdom?

Thanks.
Chris.