Re: Bumper reflectors

Patrick,
   For the side reflectors, turn the tire to one side and see that there
are a couple of small 8mm I think bolts holding the inner fender lining
to the fender.  Remove these, and I think there is one underneath as
well.  Then you can release the fastener from inside the fender to
release the light.  You can try to do it from the outside with a really
thin flat head screwdriver, but you may scratch or indent the paint.

   For the fronts, you need to release the inner reflector first.  It is
held by a tab that goes against the fog light.  AFter releasing this tab,
it is held to the turn signal by a rod that inserts into two tabs.  You
can remove the reflector and then the turn signal should come out.  You
can use the smoked lights as a guide to where these tabs are located.

  Then the fun should start.  I have the Hella smokeds on mine, which
were designed for the Euro bumpers, if yours are for the US bumpers, you
don't need to read any further, if not, read on.
   The Euro bumpers have the tabs for the turn signals about 1/2 an inch
in front of the US tabs, so you will need to get a drill and make tab
holes for the new turn signals.  This is good and bad, because you are
now in charge of your destiny about how flush your turn signals will look
on your bumper.  After lining it up where you want it, make a mark with a
pencil where you want each tab to go.  Get a drill with a small bit and
make a couple of holes close to each other.  Then use a file or something
to connect the holes and make them squared off.  Try ot fit the lense
several times so that the holes don't get too large or out of whack.
After drilling the holes, install is the opposite of removal.

   You will see that the learning curve is very progressive and the
second side will take you next to no time to do.  Now if you wnat real
fun,   try to install the smoked Euro fogs from Hella like I did.  That
is a story in itself and took me about 4 hours to complete.  The only
other options you have are to use the spray smoke or to buy a set of
in.pro. smoked covers which is the turn signal, reflector and a black
cover with a round hole cut out for the fog light.

 Any other questions, let me know
Ken Weidmann Jr
GLXTASY@Juno.com
Checkered Flag Automotive Components