Re: CD-Changer for Bose System in 98 GLX

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Jason Schreiber wrote:

> Anyway, my question regarding the Bose add-on changer in more of a short term
> solution. The local Best Buy store is closing out Panasonic CD-Changers for
> only $99.00! They say they are dropping Panasonic as a brand and need to make
> room for the new lines before Christmas. So, if this thing works, I can temper
> my desires... or just displace the urges to something more fun, like a P-chip
> upgrade. :)
>
> You mentioned I'd need to rewire the changer cable. Is this as easy as plugging
> in a new cable or will I need a wiring diagram? Any advice is appreciated.
I have done the install for the new cable in '97 GLX.  The installation of
the new cable took me about two hours and aside from the daunting number
of parts I had to remove, it was not a big deal.  I ran mine the opposite
direction from the factory cable, along the passenger side.  It was much
easier to get the cable through the dashboard going to the passenger side,
with the glove box out (four screws) you can reach up behind the head unit
and route the cable, then I just ran mine behind the glove box, down to
the door moulding and under the moulding with all the other wires.  If you
need specific help, let me know.  Also I too bought my changer at Best Buy
for $99, and it works great.

> > P.S. Does your passanger door have a door lock on it?  Did your car come
> > with a trunk cargo net?  Do the back doors have speakers in them (or just
> > fake tweeters)?  I can tell you a 5 minute way to disable the "La Cuc A Ra
> > Cha" door alarm if you want!
I know that I for one would love to learn how to disable the damn tune
alarm... thanks.

> No lock on passenger door. No trunk cargo net. No speakers in back door...
> Facky on the doors, but extra set above the rear deck tweats. Sheesh, i'm
> starting to feel jipped!
Don't feel jipped, none of us got these things, I believe.

Good Luck and enjoy
Ben