Re: Garrett Vs. Autotech Q-chip

ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:

> For all of you with the chip is this the only aftermarket
> chip you have tried, or did you switch from something else?

Hi Andrew,

	I had gotten my OBD-II P-chip last November as N'speed
had pretty much just come out with it I think.  It was indeed
a great improvemt over the stock chip.  But the more I drove
and the more time whent by, I wondered if N'speed revised
the programs for their chips and got more out of them yet.

I switched because I have heard arguments that the p-chip leans
out at the top, and after paying close attention to the feel
of the engine, I could feel it peek and then drop off in power.

I asked Garrett about this and he said the p-chip only changes
timing at certain places and doesn't tough fuel at all, and thats
what I was feeling in the power drop off over 5500 rpms.

Garrett's chip tweeks timing, and fuel at full throttle for maximum
power and torque and for very fast acceleration.  3rd gear is absolutly
CRAZY!  The car pulls like it has cams!  I am very pleased with my
OBD-II
Garrette chip and it blows my old P-chip away!

- --
Mike

Mike Bigus ==> gtivr6r@chicagonet.net  >> GTi NUT 1 <<
'96 GTi VR6 Tornado Red with a 3/96 born on date