Re: I be Getting a Jet GLX

Ramon Warren wrote:

> As to your question as to "will the dealer attack you if you go over 12k a
> year"....probably, very possibly YES!!  10 to 15 cents a mile.  So if you
> drive a lot like I do (9k on a '97 Jetta GT delivered in late June) then don't
> go with a lease or check out your options.
> Tofer
> ' 97 JETTA GT
>
> ----------

As of the 1st of this month if you buy your additional miles "up front"
they cost 8c per mile, if you drive over your mileage on a 10k or 12k
lease they will charge 15c per mile, and overage on a 15k lease is 12c.
Therefore
1/ try buy the miles up front if your sure you will drive them.
2/ if your not sure DO NOT do a 10k or 12k lease do 15k as the
difference in initial payment is lower than paying the 3k difference
later.
3/ If your over on miles at the end of your lease I would advise trying
to get retail privately or Shopping the car at a couple of VW dealers
who are alwaysd looking for lease end cars.

Just my own thoughts,

Regards
Mark Bamberry
Scottvw.com