Re: Driver's window won't roll down

Lorin Rivers wrote:

> This morning, I discovered my driver's side front window wouldn't roll
> down. The switch seems to work (i.e., I hear a click inside the door when I
> press the button) but nothing else happens. I tried the key as well and all
> three other windows roll down fine. Grrrr. Any tips?

Hi Lorin, Shaun Farnham here from the Pacific NW.  Well...it may not be
good news, but here it is!  The same symptoms appeared on my passenger
side window a few months ago, and it required replacement of the power
window motor :-(   Total cost at the dealer, with labor, was about
$400!!  I was able to get the Regional Service Rep to pick up half of
the repair, as mine was out of warranty, but it is a fairly common
problem on these cars, especially the 95's (?).  Let us know what
happens!

Shaun Farnham
Black 95 GTI VR6, ND suspension, Toyo Proxes Z1's