Wiper fluid OK to leave on paint?

Hi all-

I think I remember a thread on this subject in the VW watercooled group a
couple of weeks ago, but couldn't find it on Deja.  To wit, do I need to
worry about leaving drops of the factory windshield washer fluid to sit on
the paint of the car's hood?  (I just took delivery of a 97 GLX, wopeee! So
it's got the factory greenish stuff in there.)  I remember somebody
commenting that it was pretty strong stuff, and I just got a little
concerned after washing my windshield for the first time today while
driving and seeing spots of the stuff sitting on the hood.  Probably just
being paranoid, but thought I'd ask anyhow.  Thanks,

- - Adam
  97 Jetta GLX
  Candy White