Re: Cargo Nets?

At 09:09 AM 10/6/97 -0400, you wrote:

>A couple of thoughts on the Cargo Net:
>
>You could order the one that comes with the 97 GLXs from VW
>
>OR
>
>You could go down to your local motorcycle shop and purchase
>a "Cargo Net". It has  vynal hooks that could be attached inside
>the trunk. It comes in different colors and could easly strech to
>accomodate your needs.  If need be, you could mount some attachment
>hooks. I have seen some plastic ones (very strong) that have a metal
>bolt attachment from the back.

Not quite so fast.  Take it from a guy who owns four bikes and puts 12K mi.
per year on those vs. ~5K mi. on the GLX.  I own a few of those bungee nets
and they aren't all that big.  Stretching around the rear end of a bike an
across a trunk are two different things.  I'm sure you could get the net
across the trunk but it would be mighty tight and would mangle anything
beneath it.  If your carrying small stuff, that might be fine, but if you
are carrying a few bags of groceries . . . . forget it.

	J.C. Whitney might have bigger nets.  They carry all sorts of crap like that.

				Dave

Dave Petke			DoD # 1615
Kennett Square, PA		AMA#429282

Sport-tourers of ALL sizes!
'96 Suzuki Bandit 600		(lightweight)
'96 Triumph Trophy 900	(middleweight)
'97 VW Jetta GLX		(heavyweight)

Fast!?  I was doin' a hundred, easy!!  - Bugs Bunny in Rabbit Transit