First time at the drag strip!

I ran the 1/4 mile for the first time ever last night.  I took my Jetta
GLX to Maryland International Raceway, and I ran it 3 times.  I was
pretty scared, because I had only read about what you are supposed to do
(go through tech, get in line, roll up your windows, try to warm up the
tires (but go around the water), pre-stage, stage, go when you see the
last amber, remember to slow down after the end of the 1/4....).  Well,
here are my first-timer results (humidity ?, temp ~ 70 deg F):

	1st	2nd	3rd
r/t	1.181	.990	1.314
60'	2.563	2.633	2.486
330	6.997	7.140	6.945
1/8	10.587	10.766	10.550
mph	67.79	67.14	67.96
1000	13.688	13.893	13.649
1/4	16.268	16.490	16.231
mph	87.65	87.10	87.60

I had a blast!  Sure, I may have had the worst r/t of the night, but I
wasn't the slowest 1/4 mile (thanks to the stock Civic EX, Escort wagon,
Cavalier Convertible, an old Subaru, and my buddies in their '80
Scirocco S and '88 Jetta GLI).  Next time, I may bring the wife and let
her try it!  Thanks for tuning in!

- --
John Zydell
'96 black Jetta GLX 5-speed
Autothority Chip, K&N drop-in, Mobil 1 15W-50, euro switch,
35% tinted windows, tinted side marker lights,
tinted fog light covers, Zer Cup spoiler