Cold Air Induction

Speaking of air induction, I have been toying with an idea. Igloo (the
cooler people) have a self cooling cooler (or warming) that works by air
being blown across a cooling chip. Igloo has explored uses for the chips in
the industrial field through their commercial division. One use considered
has been in cooling computers. My company happens to represent Igloo's
commercial division, and I have considered getting some chips and mounting
them inside a modified K&N airbox.
	Up until now I have not bothered, because I figured it really wouldn't
make a difference due to the amount of intake air, but maybe I'll try it,
with all of the current experimentation going on. One chip in one cooler
can make the cooler 40 degrees cooler than outside temp. Now if I mount 2
or 3 chips in the box and make them come on only with the engine, no fan is
needed like the cooler because the air is already being pulled in. There
would be no ram effect at all, but there would be active cooling, similar
to someones idea to hook up the AC to the induction. Only problem there is
that with the AC running you'll lose more hp than you will gain.
	I'll keep you updated. But, don't hold your breath. If it works maybe I'll
work with a local tuner and have a kit put together, since my company works
with Igloo's commercial division it shouldn't be a problem. LAter-G