Re: Higher than 92 Octane (Northwest Post) -Reply

>>> Jim Seibert <jseibert@netwalk.com> 11/26/97 06:52am >>>
>this car prefer higher octane or is 87 fine....one of my other cars (miata)
>hates anything higher than 87....comments??

You may notice some, but not too much difference in performance of
VR6 engine...  A label on the insisde of my gas cap door states someting
like:
"unleaded gas 87 oct or higher 92 oct rec"

Some people claim that 92 octane gas is cleaner, so although is costs
more, you may save $$ on the long run (less engine deposits, less
maintenance).  Others say that since different octane ratings are
formulated from the same distillate fractions, there should be no
difference in clenliness, just performance.

I use 92 octane almost all of the time.

Happy TG.
Vojin