Tech-Coolant

Ian C. Vorster" <kamikaze@icon.co.za> wrote :
>can anyone tell me the difference between G11 and G12 coolant
>besides the color.

Hi everyone, Sorry I have not had time to contribute much lately but
the holiday season is upon us and time is at a premium. I found some
good info on the coolant problems. See it below. Also check out our
new Holiday page http://www.newdimensions.com/Holspecl.htm
Well have a nice Thanksgiving ! and I hope to chip in more soon.

Unlike the previous coolant, this newly developed product permits a
cooling system fill that lasts the service life of the engine and
was designed with all-aluminum engines in mind.

Advantages over previous coolant:
Improved corrosion protection
Improve thermal stability
Improved heat transfer/control
Improved hard water tolerance
Improved environmental protection
CAUTION!G 012 A8D A1 must NEVER be mixed with any other coolant.
Engine damage will result !
G 012 A8D A1 is red in color.The mixture of G 012 A8D A1 and other
colored coolants is immediately identifiable by discoloration (brown,
purple etc.). If this mixture is used in an engine, a foamy deposit
will appear in the expansion tank/radiator.This mixture is to be
drained immediately and the cooling system flushed as described
below.

Flushing procedure :Engine at operating temperature (older vehicles
with heater valve: heater on). Drain coolant .
Apply compressed air to expansion tank or radiator to blow out
remaining coolant. Close cooling system, fill with distilled water.
Run engine for a minimum of 2 minutes. Drain water and apply
compressed Air to expansion tank a before close cooling system and
fill with appropriate mixture ratio of G 012 A8D A1and distilled
water. Test drive, check coolant level and add if necessary.
Note:G 012 A8D 01 coolant may be used in older vehicles when the
original coolant is drained and cooling system flushed as described
above. Inform customer that a new coolant Is used and that ONLY water
or G 012 A8D A1 be used to replenish.CAUTION! Never re-use old
coolant when performing engine repairs.Dispose of old coolant
properly. Flushing as specified above, or engine damage resulting
from the use of a mixture of G 012 A8D A1 and other coolants is not
covered by the new vehicle warranty.
turbotim@newdimensions.com
http://www.newdimensions.com