Re: sh*tty lease terms (long)

> Not my experience when buying a loaded '97 GLX for $600 over invoice at
> McNevin Cadillac Volkswagen in Berkeley, CA.  They quoted the price, I
> accepted.  I gave them $500 to order the car (yes, this was not something
> off the lot).  A few weeks later, I went up and wrote 'em a check for the
> balance and drove off.  Couldn't have taken more than 45 minutes.  No
> presssure to buy add-ons, no surprise "prep fees".

I had an almost identical experience: McNevin, 97 GLX, loaded, $150 over
invoice, wrote them a check when the car arrived, no hassle, out the door in
less than an hour.  I specifically asked if there would be a problem having
the car serviced elsewhere and they most emphatically stated, "Nope."  Must be
part of that laid-back Berkeley attitude.

> And... the dealer that I take it to, Steven Creek VW, San Jose (aka Andersen
> Beihl Porsche Audi) gives me absolutely ZERO crap about not buying the car
> from them when I take it in for warranty work.

I have yet to see if this is true, but according to the VW service guide, as
long as the dealership is a qualified one, no problem.

John Wood