Re: sh*tty lease terms (long)

Stefan Hudson wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 09:10:32AM -0700, Jeremy Brandow wrote:
> [Deleted]
> >    I hate Auto-By-Tel.
> >    Jeremy Brandow

> I filled out the info on Auto-By-Tel's site, and the next day I got
> a call from an affiliated dealer.  He said he had the car I wanted
> in stock, and offered me $500 over invoice right on the phone...
> from every thing I've seen, that's a fair price, and I probably
> would have taken it immediately if he wasn't 150 miles from here.
> I REALLY hate bargening over prices, and I really appreciated the
> "flat pricing".

> I'm going to get my financing done at a bank, and probably drive the
> 150 miles to the Auto-By-Tel dealer.  It's worth it.
>
> So that's my Auto-By-Tel story... so far, I'm happy with them,
> although I havn't actually completed a deal using them.  I'll
> post a followup when I actually get the car :)

  This is Jeremy Brandow again.  I just wanted to say that the
Auto-By-Tel dealer that contacted me said he could offer me the car for
300 over invoice.  That is why I took him so seriosly, and went out the
see what he had.  I then ran into all the problems I metioned before.
the main one being that he wanted 25k for a used 98.  I have wrote
auto-by-tel, and complained.  I haven't yet gotten a response.
  Do you know if the have a phone #?
  Jeremy