Tech: Battery Talk

	Okay I just got a new battery for my car at the dealer. I spent the extra
on an Autobahn battery and think I may have spent too much. My dealer
offered an Interstate battery for $118 and an Autobahn fro $148. They told
me they couldn't use my stock insulation jacket on the interstate, which is
one of the reasons I went with the A-bahn. The other was a better warranty
(1 year vs. 5year).
	Talking to my dad, he said he went to a gas station that was an interstate
dealer for my sister's Audi. They had to special order the right size for
her car, but installed it and used the original Audi insulation cover for
it to boot. All this was for a measley $75. Well now that I am getting used
to the new SUCKER tatoo on my forehead I was wondering what you guys do
when you need a new battery and how much you spent? Anyone ever try out
NTB.
	On ANOTHER RELATED BATTERY ISSUE, is jump starting a car. At the VW show
at Autohaus this summer the battery on my wife's Corrado died and we jump
started it. I was then told by Corrado listers that I wanted to attach the
jumper cable ground end to a ground other than the ground side of the
battery. At the time I used a looped metal protrusion near the battery but
on the engine (VR6), ditto on my Jetta two days ago. My question is why not
just attach it to the battery? Also is there a rule like attaching it to
the running car first or detaching it from the running car first etc? Last,
this morning I returned the favor to Joe Public by jumpstarting some girl's
car. With my car running she then unhooked her car and accidently touched
the sides, sending off sparks and looping my battery back in on itself
momentarily. Stupid b***! Anyway, is there any danger of my 24 hour old
battery damaging itself from her little mistake. Thanks-G