Re: GLX sound system

>Couple more questions:
>
>1.  Where can I purchase the VW tool(s) to remove the radio from the dash?  I
>understand that they probably don't readily sell them to the general public,
>but I want to be able to pull the radio if I want to install an aftermarket
>radio.
I work at a small electronics research & development center. We have a
small machine shop for making prototypes. I had a machinist whip me up a
few. It took him about 4 minutes. He found the steel rod (about the
diameter of a wire coat hanger) and flattened it. He stuck in in a lathe
and beveled down the tips, but not to a point. He left little balls on the
end. He then bent them around to fit the radio slots. He made it look so
easy, I could have done it!!! hahahahaha Probably could have done it with a
bit of patience and a dremel tool. If you want to buy, most audio install
shops or car dealerships should offer them... of course, they'll be
overpriced!

Thom