Re[2]: Goodyears

     hey guys,

     yea, first snow in the southern New Hampshire region this year.  Take
     some advise from someone who has been dealing this white crap and
     performance tires for longer than I like.

     If you are anywhere there is any amount of snow, invest in a second
     set of rims with the new generation of "ice" tires (blizzaks,
     graspics).  They make a world of difference.  For about $600 for all
     four, you can save you car from sliding into a guard rail.  Plus, you
     don't have to compromise on the summer tires.  Your summer tires will
     last longer since you will be running the snow in winter.  You
     expensive alloys won't take the hit come those mid winter potholes.
     Plus with real snow tires, back roads become a lot of fun in the snow.
      You learn a lot about car handling when 4 wheel drifts are the norm.

     Anyway, not looking forward to the commute home, but at least I will
     not get stuck.

     Later...

     Warren

     94 Passat GLX with Graspics (put on this morning)
     97 Jetta GLX with graspics on order