Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:55:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeff Newton <newton@pmc-sierra.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: other : the G chip
To: gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com, hasun@nautilus.eng.orgella.com
Cc: jettaglx@igtc.COM, jglim@FAST.NET
Sender: owner-jettaglx@igtc.COM

> All,
>
> Preliminary results on the G chip in the 1991 Jetta VR6 conversion with 1992 Passat engine.
>
> Garrett sent me two chips to test  A and B for the sake of simplicity
>
> <SNIP>

> He just called and mentioned that B is better than A and between A and the stock, there is
a night and day difference (drivability, torque, performance, pickup, etc).

<SNIP>

Is chip B a upgrade program that Garrett has been working on?  I'm thinking of getting a
street/sport chip from him but perhaps I should wait if this tweaking of chip B is the
beginnings of a new program.

Comparison tests are useless for us if we never find out what is being compared.

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton
06/97 Jetta GLX