1997 GLX sales & demographics

At 02:43 PM 11/12/97 -0800, you wrote:

>At 9:45 AM -0600 11/12/97, Vojin Janjic wrote:

>>VW sold a total of 3,045 GLXs, which was a - are you ready? - a 77%

>>increase when compared to last year!!!

>Wow... How many readers on this list drive a '97 GLX?

>I'd guess it's a pretty significant number of that 3,045 GLX
owners!!!!

Without me, there would only be 3,044  '97 GLX owners.

I picked it up last December 8th and it now has 14k miles.

It has not the cargo net nor the pre-laid wire for the CD.

It has no upgrades, but after a year on this list, I'm pondering a few.

Now, 3,045 doesn't sound like an awful lot until you look at it this
way...

3,045 per year is the same as:

253.75/month

58.558/week

8.342/day

.348/hour

or how about this... at a pre-tax, average cost (I'm
<italic>guesstimating</italic> here) of $22,500, that means Heir Volksman
raked in a gross of: $68,512,500 US dollars. Now I wonder how much they
have in those puppies??? It would also be of interest that breakdown...
labor & associated costs, supplies, tooling, shipping, parts,
engineering, testing, retooling for '97, factory overhead, etc.

Now consider THIS interesting point. Even though sixty-eight & one half
mill SEEMS like a ton of money, it is a mere drop in the ocean for the
now WORLD'S RICHEST MAN (whom everyone on this list help make a little
wealthier), Bill Gates.

I read that, considering how much money he makes PER HOUR while he is in
his Microsoft office, if Bill Gates would take TWO SECONDS to bend over
to pick up a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR BILL on the ground, he'd be WASTING time
and LOSING money! Two seconds at work is MUCH more lucrative for him.

He could buy us all and every employee of Microsoft '98 GLXs and not
blink.

Regards,

Thom Peluso

**                                                                   **

**                                                                   **

**                           THOMAS F. PELUSO                        **

**                TPELUSO@ELEC_LAB.TECHCTR.CH.ETN.COM                **

**                  or  THOMAS.PELUSO@INDUSTRY.NET                   **

**                   or THOMASPE.chmrpa.ch.etn.com                   **

**                      or  tfp@tsil.net (home)                      **

**       Electronics Development      AMATEUR RADIO Callsign = KF3V  **

**       Eaton Corporation            via callbook or packet         **

**       Cutler-Hammer R&D            KF3V@W2XO.#SWPA.PA.US.NOAM     **

**       170 Industry Drive           >>> CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE <<<<<<  **

**       RIDC Park West               http://www.tsil.net/~tfp       **

**       Pittsburgh, PA 15275         (412) 671-3900 (weekends)      **

**       (412) 787-6930 - desk        FOR FCC VE & CE session info:  **

**       (412) 787-6593 - fax         FCC.EXAM@INDUSTRY.NET          **