Re: GLX sales in 1997

Greetings

That happens (maybe) next year in order to alleviate Floor Plan (i.e.
Holdback) costs Dealers will stock a minimal number of cars and draw
from Port Stock ( Boston, Wilmington etc. )for sold units. I personally
am opposed to this plan as I like to have the selection on the ground,
customers I believe want to see the car they are buying and when you
consider that Volkswagen had nearly all Golf's and Jetta's frozen at the
port for most of last month I doubt their ability to guarantee a 3 day
delivery to the dealer who still needs a full day on the car in order to
deliver the car in proper condition. As a matter of interest would you
prefer to drive the car you are buying or wait 4 days for a car you
haven't seen???

> Hi,
>     I've been reading somewhere that a lot of car manufacturers
> are expermenting with having a few models at dealership and
> a ton (with various options) at local distribution points (was it
> ohio that was the center hub for vw?  sounds wierd but that
> is what I remember).  This may explain the lack of cars on the
> dealer lot.  Supposedly it was going to take place in the future
> (year, etc.) not now...
>
>     Any thoughts?
>
>     Cymen Vig
>     86 Jetta GLI
> p.s.
>     This has been an interesting list but I'm getting off it soon!
> Some description said it was for all Jetta's but so far it is new
> GLX's it seems like (no problem, just not interesting to me and
> my 86 GLI :->).  Good luck.

- --
Mark Bamberry,
General Sales and Web Manager.