Re: Suspension

At 02:02 AM 11/11/97 -0700, you wrote:

Steve Harris wrote:

>I saw you're post to the list...one question.  Who did you order the
>springs/Shocks from?  I placed an order last spring with Velocity sport
>tuning out here in LA.  They strung me along so long, I gave up!  BTW
>they never called me with an update or progress report. I'll never do
>business with them again.

I am on the east coast, Washington D.C. area, and I work five minutes from
VW Sport. They carry all kinds of stuff, can do the normal maintenance and
repairs on out of warrenty cars, and are some pretty nice guys. They are
also official distributors of some things, though I don't remember at the
moment. We discussed suspensions while they did the 30K service on my car
(I also got to see all the pictures from their trip to the Frankfurt auto
show. Man, are we living in the wrong country!)(carwise, that is). The
thing I definately like is that they are not pushy; they were not trying to
sell me adjustable coilovers when I didn't want them. We talked about how
and where I drove, and then started talking about possible suspensions. And
now that I am ready to take the plunge, I  went to them to order the
suspension and found out the Neuspeed sport springs are backordered until
at least 11/20. That is when Neuspeed will get them from Germany. They told
me they had ordered a bunch of sets, and the best part, they refused to
take my money to hold a set. Told me to start calling about 11/24 to see if
they had got them from Neuspeed yet. I like the way they do business.
	If you are interested, I can get their number for you (I'm at work and
don't have it with me, they just moved and phone books and information
haven't updated yet, etc...). I have no idea what shipping or anything
would cost, but I did find their prices were right on target with
NewDimensions and Neuspeed, plus or minus $10.

Take care and good luck,

	Steve Saulnier
	95 GTi VR6