performance mods

Hi all:

I'm relatively new to the aftermarket mods arena, and I have a few
questions to ask (BTW, is there some FAQ out there that can address
questions from newbies like me?)

I have a 97 GLX w/ a P-Flo and P-Chip, and now I'm thinking of adding a
performance header unit. Any insights as to the ease of installation,
reliability, etc? Any recommendations (i.e preferred brand or model)?

Also, I'd like to add-on some better floor pedals. Every time it rains,
my sneakers "squeak" when playing with the clutch pedal. The stock brake
pedal seems a bit small as well. Any recommendations here for high
quality metal pedals?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin