Re: Visit To VW Sport's New Location

I love those stories. You should have taken the kid for a ride.. That car
would then for sure be is new mesiah.. I know I took this one guy for a
ride, and now he is dumping his Acura VTEC for a Jetta GLX..

Ahh the sweet suttle power of the VW. Makes me wonder if there are
sublimnal messages coming from that nice low roar of the VR6..

Patrick Sherman                     psherman@bigfoot.com
'97 JETTA GLX VR6, T-Red, Abt, Garrett, AirBath, Akimoto, Euro Switch, Side
Markers

- ----------
> From: George Achorn <coolidge@tidalwave.net>
> To: CCA <corrado-l@corrado-club.com>
> Cc: gti <gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com>; jetta <jettaglx@igtc.com>
> Subject: ALL: Visit To VW Sport's New Location
> Date: Sunday, November 02, 1997 10:53 AM
>
> Hi All,
> 	I cruised down to VW Sport yesterday to meet up with a bunch of Quattro
> listers. The new place is awesome. They are right on Eisenhower Ave in
> Alexandria and within blocks of the Van Dorn Metro stop. When you walk in
> there is a small showroom with accessories, and two offices off to the
> right. Walking back there is a small counter and additional smaller
> showroom and through that is a bigger showroom bordering on the shop
area.
> The bigger showroom right now is housing the Cabrio and a Projectzwo
Jetta
> (automatic :(   Too bad). Brad just picked up a blue DE GTI and that is
his
> new daily driver, and will be seeing significant mods.
> 	There is a garage bay for installs and service, but no lift. Upstairs is
> unfinished but just as big. Up there will go a guest room and ABT and
> Projectzwo showrooms since they are now the east coast distributors. The
> new place is awesome and it is nice to see these guys finally making it
go.
> 	On another note I got a ride in Adrian's Audi A4 1.8T with new ABT OBDII
> Chip. The claims are 50hp additional and you can feel it. The car is
faster
> than my Jetta GLX and we had 3 people in the car and the AC was on. It
> makes you wonder what will happen when they increase exhaust capacity or
VW
> throws on the bigger turbos. CRAZY. I drove a 1.8T Passat and it was
> nothing in comparison. Yesterday's ride sold me on an Audi A4 1.8T
Quattro
> I believe. That engine is so small that it'll fit in a Polo, what
potential
> they have here.
> 	On the way home I stopped in at the Heishman's Audi/Porsche/BMW in
> Alexandria. They had two brand new A6 2.8 Quattros and someone taking
> delivery on an A4 Avant with Sport Package. After lusting over those and
> two silver Boxsters, I was feeling a little wishful I had more money.
Then