Re: Mequirs

I know what I consider the best 3 step process.

Meguiars Fine Cut Cleaner is good for the cleaning step.  Only use this if
you have an oxidized paint or if you haven't detail in a while.  This step
will remove oxidation from the paint.

Meguiars Show Car Glaze/Polish is good for polishing.  This step fills in
the minute hairline swirls or scratches.  It also has oils to moisturize the
paint.  This step gives the paint the "wet look".  This step will give you a
nice shine to the finish but will not last if you don't apply a protective
wax or other product.

The Meguiars Professional Yellow wax is a good wax.  It is very easy to
remove when applied.  Apply two or more thin coats instead of one thick
coat.  This wax will also protect the shine created by the glazing/polish.
Apply extra coats to the front bumpers and grill which will help in cleaning
them off later, also the side view mirrors can use extra coats as well.

You may decide to use diluted water dishwashing liquid solution to remove
your old wax before you detail.  Some detailers use this step.  However when
you finish doing your detail job you do not want to remove the wax so don't
use dishwashing liquid.  Use a carwash that says that it wont remove wax.
The Meguiars products are good too.  Use plenty of water when washing you
car.  Also use extra car wash to create lots of suds which help lift the
dirt so it wont scratch the finish.  Use light pressure and dip your towel
often to rinse off the dirt on the towel.  Use the terry cloth towel to
clean the car.  A sponge is not too good to use because it traps dirt too
well.  And like I said again LOTS OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

The Meguiars Quik Detailer is good too when you don't have time to wash your
car.  Use it liberally and use terry cloth towels.

These steps will give you show car finish results.  Use only Terry cloth
towels.  Also if you get the thin terry cloth towels you should double them
so the pressure is evenly spread when buffing or removing the products from
the car.  You can also use the terry cloths to apply the products.  Have
plenty of towels handy.

I've used this system on my other car ('90 240sx).  It had 175,000 miles on
it and it still looks brand new.  I have had many offers by many people for
me to detail their cars after seeing my car.  I have made many believers out
of these products.  Let me know if you get the results you want.  Look into
the Meguairs line of products.  They have everything from exterior paint
products to interior care products and even plastic care products.

NO I AM NOT A REP FOR MEGUAIRS OR AM I AN EMPLOYEE OF THE COMPANY... =)

M.A.
'97 Jetta GLX Black on Black Leather, Still Stock