Blue Lights - User Opinions

GLXers-

I recently got some 55W H3 bulbs for my fog lights that are these
"blue-coated" type that I am starting to see on M-Benz, etc..  They replaced
the same wattage units.  Has anyone tried these for this or other
applications?  Anyway, they do not seem to have the light output from the
drivers seat of what I replaced.  But, they look as bight looking directly at
them.  Obviously, (maybe not obviously) they must loose some "real" lighting
ability due to the coating cutting down on the true output.  Is this the
case?  Should I have ordered a higher wattage?  My feeling has been that a
higher wattage would be too hot for these fog light assemblies.  What has
been your experience on this?  Has anyone put higher wattage bulbs here?
 -Steve Mercer