Stock suspensions

The GLX shocks and springs aren't significantly different parts or
quality-wise than any other VW of a comparable year, so you can generalize
this question to say "how long does a VW suspension last?". It depends on
the roads you drive on. A VW that gets beaten every day as a pizza delivery
vehicle might need shocks at 50-70k miles. A highway driven car won't need
suspension work until well over 100k. VW's from the late 70's and early
80's seemed to have spring problems around 100k (they'd break) but that was
fixed long ago.
John