Re: outside temp probe

At 06:23 PM 5/28/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone know where this probe is suppose to be. I smacked some kind of
>animal on the way to work and when I took off the black plastic splash gaurd
>(to check for damage) under the ac compresser area this wire was hanging.
>Cant seem to locate where it attach's to the car. Would have to be somewhere
>as to not pick up the engine heat... The probe was attached to the wire but
>I cant find the mount....... Help...

HI ALL!
I have a 1997 GLX and I noticed that the temperature ALWAYS reads about 5 to
6 degrees too hot! I've even checked it against a calibrated thermometer
that we use in thermal testing in our R&D lab!!!  hahahahaha   Is there a
way to trim the calibration on the darned thing? I've made my comparison
when the temperature is hot, cold, while car is running, while car is still,
while car is just started, after car has been running for some time. THE
ERROR IS CONSISTANT!!! The thermometer in my GLX reads high!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestions?

Thom Peluso