More Info On Supercharger

     On Wed, 21 May 1997, Abe Getchell wrote:

>I'd have to say a big fat NO WAY on the supercharger for AMS.
>The experience that your friend had with the 1.8L should speak
>volumes.  You remeber the whole Vortec/Nuespeed scandal?  Well,
>this is what was developed out of it.  Not only do they get rid
>of the MAS (becuase they couldn't get it to work right with one)
>but they blatantly ripped it off from Neuspeed after months of
>negotiating.  Not only do I not trust them, but I don't trust
>the products they sell.

><22 line sig snipped FEW!>

>Abe

     List Members,

     I'd like to get more background info concerning the
     supercharger that's soon to be offered by Advanced
     Motorsport Solutions (for $3800 ?).  Abe, can you help me
     out with more background info as related to the
     Neuspeed/Vortec venture? What's this about doing away with
     the mass airflow sensor?

     As far as future engine mods go, I was considering going to
     the 3.1 liter with the Schrick variable intake, large
     throttle body and mild Shrick cams. I figured that would
     probably make enough power. As far as the tranny goes, I
     plan to install the Qaiffe (sp?) differential, as I did on
     my '85 GTI, to help hook up the additional torque and
     possibly go for a sixth gear as well. Any thoughts on this
     configuration?

     Regards,
     BParks