Re: Higher Wattage Bulbs

I went up one step in wattage about 18 months ago (brand not remembered).  At
the time, I still had the DRL operating, and they both went out within 48
hours of each other after 6 months.  I purchased them locally, and were
replaced N/C.  Since then, I no longer have them on all the time (Euro light
switch), and they have not been replaced.  I have had no problems with them
annoying oncoming traffic.  (I DID have a problem with the fog lights as they
were aimed high from the factory).  They do illuminate better than stock, but
not great.  I have avoided going to the really high wattage for a couple of
reasons.  1) I am concerned that increasing the output without a better
reflector design is counter-productive 2) The heat may reduce bulb life
futher (who wants to replace the bulb every six months?) 3) I definitely do
not want to attract attention by having lights so bright that it is annoying,
especially to those who can do something about it.  Hope this helps.  -SDM