GLX AUTOMATIC

I have a GLX automatic too. While I will admit I wont be kicking anyones
ass in an autocross anytime soon, I do know (from literature from
Euro-Dealerships) that the top speed is supposedly only 4KPH slower than
the stick. I'll double check that info at home and post this tomorrow. I
do not know what the US rev-limiter is for the AutoTrans.
	 I have had my car up to 120 MPH several times without much effort. The
4th gear is pretty long and I was not winding it out yet at 120, there
was definitely room for more up there. I thought it was pretty smooth.
There are supposedly chips for the Engine !AND! the Auto-trans that
remap the shift curve. I doubt if I'd want to install one.
	In a straight line the Automatic would eventually be nearly as fast as
the stick on the top end but due to the spacing of the shift points I'm
sure it would be several car lengths behind with or without "manually"
shifting from 1st thru 3rd positions.
	On a seperate note about AUTOMATIC GLX performance, I STRONGLY suggest
some different tires if you are still rolling on GA's! My feeling is
that the control over body roll and tire grip is almost more important
to this automatic transmission setup at high speeds. We don't have the
ability to contol momentum thru a combination of downshifting and
braking and taking power out of the engine with the clutch. All we can
do is Brake hard. As soon as those GA's let loose you are toast!  I will
soon be putting SofSport Springs and HD's on there as well. Then better
pads and maybe some slotted rotors. I have 17x7.5J wheels and Yokohama
Tires and the control/grip on the road is vastly improved.
	I love my VR6 Go-Kart.

- -HELS