Re: Initial impressions of my new '97 GLX

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Jeffrey J. Hoover wrote:

> So far, I've worked with people at the Installer, My Dealer, New
> Dimensions, Crutchfield and scoured the net for info. It now turns out that
> the adapter *may* have changed again between '96 and '97 models. I hope to
> have this resolved this week.

The answer is very simple.  On the GLX homepage, there is an article in
the maint. section about this.  Go get the Alpine Tech note they talk
about and it gives a schematic for how to build a proper adapter.  I gave
this info  to where I was having my deck installed (Auto Radio Stereo,
Sacramento) and they had their tech. build the indicated part.  Now I get
incredible AM & FM reception.  This is contributable to a good antenna,
and a killer deck.

I had the bose system, and you CAN install an aftermarket deck.  I now
have a Clarion 7375 (brand new '97 model) in my GLX with the Bose system,
and it works really well.  The guys at Auto Radio Stereo were pretty
impressed at how well the stock speakers work.

For the record, the "bose" head unit is Panasonic.  If you *really* want
to put a Panasonic CD changer in your trunk, go ahead. :-)  I wanted an
in-dash unit because I change CDs often.

**************John Andrew Kilpatrick*kilpatri@cs.ucdavis.edu*******************
*  "Tsuki ni kawatte...oshiokiyo!"  |   I do not speak for CS, UC Davis, or   *
*    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon    |   anyone else.   You have been warned.  *
********************http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~kilpatri/*******************