Re: roof rack carrier bars = wind noise?

On Jun 22, 10:22am, Margot Emery wrote:

> Subject: roof rack carrier bars = wind noise?
> Hi.
>
> Have any of you had your GLX a while before adding carrier bars? I
ask
> because I'm wondering if the bars add a noticeable amount of wind
> noise when the sunroof is open or even when it's closed when the car
> is driven at higher speeds.

The way it works for me is this:  if the roof rack is on, my sunroof is
closed.  The noise is terrible.

> And apart from people picking on you to help them move things, are
> there any other negatives associated with the bars that I should know
> about? It's not as if I need them or anything. It's just that GLX's
> can look so sexy
> with them. :->

Yeah, you can almost pass off (to the untrained eye that is) as a Jetta
Trek!  Seriously though, the biggest disadvantages are the noise, and
increased fuel consumption, and depending which kind of rack you get,
you could end up with slight scratches on your roof, but hey, it's the
only way to ferry around a couple of bikes/pairs of skis/whatever.

Later,

- --
|                       |              CAE Electronics Ltd  |
|     Kevin Randle      |                      PO Box 1800  |
|     randle@cae.ca     |  St Laurent, Qc, Canada  H4L 4X4  |
|                       |         (514) 341 2000  ext 2301  |