Subject: Re: Mobil 1 Oil filter
Author:  Non-HP-owner-jettaglx (owner-jettaglx@igtc.com) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    6/12/97 8:06 PM

I made this mistake with my 1990 Corrado - I replaced the factory oil with
synthetic at 1000 miles. I noticed that the engine was blowing some smoke
on startup later at about 7k miles - I then quickly switched to normal oil.
I don't think the rings were seating correctly. In fact, I am positive the
rings will have a hard time seating correctly with synthetic. The problem
went away with more mileage with "natural" oil.

Then you have to wonder how Porsche does it, I heard new 911's come with
Mobil 1 from the factory.