Re: VW Master Technician

deecee@exit109.com wrote:

> I am a Master VW/Audi technician working in a VW/Audi/Porsche dealer  since
> 1974. I have all the latest VW Factory wiring diagrams,Technical
> Bulletins,Factory Repair manuals. I will try to help anyone if I can. I
> will not provide information or advice on Performance Additions eg:ECM
> chipping,suspension mods.
> You cannot imagine the frustration when diagnosing a drive ability problem
> only to find an improperly installed "chip." Since all dealerships are
> concerned about their CSI rating most of the time the customer is not
> charged and repair becomes warranty. Of course at the tech. expense because
> VW warranty reimbursement is not very generous.
>
> Don
Hi Don,  My name is Mike and I own a 1995 Jetta GLX with approx. 60k
miles on it and I am having some stalling problems.  After higher speed
or highway runs when I come to a stop the engine will idle high, about
1000RPM+, then often stall.  I took the car to my dealer and they
diagnosed a bad Engine Speed Sensor (G28) through the stored fault
codes.  This was replaced and the stalling continues, though seemingly
not as often.  I recently purchased a Bently service manual for the car
and it stated if the Engine Speed Sensor was bad the engine would not
start at all!  When I questioned my dealer about this they said the
Bentley manual was incorrect.  So, I'm just wondering what your take on
this might be.  I look forward to your response.  Thanks!!
- --
 	 Michael J. Saccucci
   Lockheed Martin Control Systems
 600 Main St. Johnson City, NY 13790-1888
 Phone:(607)770-3734   Fax:(607)770-2251