Re: VW warranty

S. Joseph Mann wrote:
> - Squeaky front door panels
> Well...They proceeded to tell me that the squeaky door panels, head rest
> covers and colored door trim were NOT covered after the first year!  I
> check the warranty book and it says that all material or workmanship is
> covered for 2 years or 24,000 miles. The dealer said these were
> "adjustment items" and were not covered. I currently have a call into VW
> Customer Relations.
>
> Your opinions, advise and experience would be greatly appreciated.
>
> OH, HEY, Hold on!  I just got a call from the dealership. VW-CS called
> them and authorized the door trim and head rest, but NOT the squeaky
> door panel.  But, the service manager said they use automotive Teflon
> tape to fix the door panels?? I guess I'll take care of that myself.

This reflects a similar experience I had. I have a squeak in my door
which comes from the rubber seal around the top rubbing on the paint.
It's not loud, but is as annoying as hell. I was told that squeaks and
rattles are 12k/1 year warranteed as well, but that my dealer will
usually attend to them anyway. My squeak was fixed by the teflon tape
(they call it "isolation tape"), but the heat has caused it to shrink
and come unstuck. The rattle is back, and I will make them reapply the
tape at the 15k service.
Let us know what you find.
Chris