VW warranty

Hello all,

I'm new to the group. Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is
Steven Joseph Mann. My friends call me Joe. And a few folks around the
office call me Jettamann. After my undying love for my Sequoia Green 95
Jetta GLX. I reside in Sunny (and damn hot!) Austin, TX. "Live Music
Capital Of The World."

I come to you with a warranty question:
I dropped off my Jetta this morning for scheduled maintenance at one of
those fancy drive-in-toss'm-the-keys, 100 bay dealerships, Charles Mound
VW.  In the process I asked them to fix and look at a few things.

- - Squeaky front door panels
- - Refasten both head rest covers on front seats
- - Reattach outside color coded door trim on right front door. (what's up
with the double sided tape?!)
- - Look into why I've had to add two quarts of oil in the last year/7,000
miles. But see no leaks.
- - Oh ya, and do that scheduled maintenance thingy...

Well...They proceeded to tell me that the squeaky door panels, head rest
covers and colored door trim were NOT covered after the first year!  I
check the warranty book and it says that all material or workmanship is
covered for 2 years or 24,000 miles. The dealer said these were
"adjustment items" and were not covered. I currently have a call into VW
Customer Relations.

Your opinions, advise and experience would be greatly appreciated.

OH, HEY, Hold on!  I just got a call from the dealership. VW-CS called
them and authorized the door trim and head rest, but NOT the squeaky
door panel.  But, the service manager said they use automotive Teflon
tape to fix the door panels?? I guess I'll take care of that myself.

Thank for you time and advise in advance,

Joe
(Jettamann)
joem@pswtech.com