Re: Vrrrrrrmmmmmm....

I installed the TT system on my GLX. It sounds pretty good too. I didn't
notice any loss of low end torque, but it still doesn't have much power
past 6000. The car needs a set of cams now. It does seem to rev quicker up
to redline though. I think the 2 1/2" TT system will also work great with a
turbo...

If you get a K&N, get one that goes in the factory airbox. I noticed my car
losing power on hot summer days with the P-flow on. I took it off.

John

- ----------
> From: Jayrham Chulani <jchulani@eecs.uic.edu>
> To: GTI_LIST <gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com>
> Cc: GLX_LIST <jettaglx@igtc.com>
> Subject: Vrrrrrrmmmmmm....
> Date: Friday, July 11, 1997 12:03 PM
>

> Hi again everyone.  Ok i finally got my Autotech exhaust installed at a
> friends friend of friend who only charged me $45 (dealers wanted $200).
> All I can say is that it looks and sounds good!  The rumbling sound it
> gives is awesome but it is hardly audible on the inside.  I guess it must
> have something to do with the extra insulation that Ziebart put on when I
> first got my car.  Regarding performance, I did notice that I lost some
> low end torque but the car lets out at full open throttle.  Before I can
> feel the car flatten out at around 5800 rpms and it didn't seem to want
> go any faster.  But now it keeps pulling well past redline.  I also think
> that I should get that damn K&N drop in filter NOW.  They are just so
damn
> hard to find here and I'm too lazy to mail oder it.  Maybe I should order
> that along with the Q-Chip.  Well enough rambling for now... back to
work.