Re: Premium radio question

I just found something on the net for you to comparison shop with.  It is
called
http://www.netmarket.com
I haven't ordered from them yet but their prices look good. (About what you
would get
from a Best Buy on sale item)

Anyway, get the new head unit.  I bought the sony and am pleased but there
is better out
there.  The sony I got was a 4610 I think it is 35x4 (peak I know!) and had
dual rca outs
so you can add two amps or run to an active crossover for future and cd
changer control.
I paid 250.00 on sale.  for the price the sony has a lot to offer.  Not too
good fm though, I
only listen to CD's or Howard Stern in my car.
Later
Jason
- ----------
owner-gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com; gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com; jettaglx@igtc.com
> Subject: Re: Premium radio question
> Date: Wednesday, July 09, 1997 1:29 PM
>

> In a message dated 7/9/97 2:35:35 AM,
> ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:
>
> >   Those of you that have saved your stock speakers and dumped the stock

> >     head unit for one with more power, etc I need your experiences.
> >
> >     I want to dump my head unit and replace it with a new head/changer
> >     unit.  I have heard of many people doing this and getting much
better
> >     sound from their stock speakers, this sounds good to me.  I'm not
out
> >     to win any "sound off" competitions, just better sound for a few
> >     bucks.  With out adding a power amp how much wattage built into a
head
> >     unit is sufficient to get better sound out of the stock speakers?
> >     I am looking at a Sony that advertises 35x4 watts with a 13watt
RMS.