Re: VR6 Oil filters

In reference to below:

> Predicament:  VR6 oil filter for '95 motor 17.25 at dealer.

Perhaps you should phone VW USA and make sure that you are on their
mailing list if you are not already.

I regularly receive discount coupons in the mail from VW for oil changes,
tire rotation, and general maintenance.  The oil changes have
consistently been at a promotion price of $13.95.  Very reasonable.

>     Question:  Does anyone make an after market filter that fits, is of
>       decent quality?  That is affordable?

You drive a premium VW product, don't you think your car deserves better
than "decent" quality?

Good luck,

Matthew.