Subject: New Brake Pads
Author:  Non-HP-PARKS-RC (PARKS-RC@fhssmtp.redstone.army.mil) at
HP-PaloAlto,shargw6
Date:    7/1/97 5:42 AM

     List Members,

     At 45k miles, the warning light on my dash tells me that it's time for
     new brake pads in my '95 GLX. Next week, my car will be in the shop
     for a suspension upgrade and upper strut tie-bar so while it's there
     I'll get the brakes done as well.

     Does any one have any recommendations on brake pads for the A3? I am
     fairly satisfied with the life of the stock pad but would not at all
     object to something of a more performance oriented nature. I plan on
     replaced the rotors. I don't plan to go all out with drilled rotors
     and full 100% metallic pads. The drilled rotors are cost prohibitive
     and it's been my experience that the full 100% metallic pads (i.e.,
     Repco) do not fair very well in the rain.

     Any suggestions on good brake pads would be greatly appreciated. I
     seem to remember reading about some pads with the word "red" in the
     name??

     Thanks,
     BParks