Re: Rear fog lights

For what its worth...

I have done the rear fog conversion, and the easy part is running the wire.
 It runs easily along the bottom sills under the door, next to the seats, and
into the trunk.

The trickier parts are at either ends.

At the switch, I found that it is important to get the proper crimp-on end
for the wire to add to the main plug behind the switch.  Timmons was able to
provide this.

The rear part has been covered in an early EC issue on the Project GLX, but
lacks some details.  This is not totally the fault of EC however.  VW has
changed wire colors, etc., so it is difficult to determine what wire to go
into.  Other GLXers who have done this can add detail here (....).  I spliced
into a few places before I found the right wire.  The wrong wire will turn on
the brake lights, including the 3rd.  NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.  Anyway, I
spliced in within the trunck on the drivers side, before the connectors going
to the trunk lid.

As an asside, at this time I also added a handle to the trunk.  No more dirty
hands or messy hand prints on the trunk!  A simple hardware store handle
screwed to the inside of the trunk hatch - works great!!  Why didn't VW do
this?

- -Steve