New stereo amp power lead - question

Folks,

Happy holidays to you all. I hope you're getting lots of toys for your
cars.

My Question:

I have a Kenwood Sub amp that I'm going to hook up in the trunk. I would
like some suggestions on the best point to connect the 12 gauge power
cable to the electrical system ( this is usually the battery); and most
important to me - what is the best rout to the trunk??  In less there is
an easy way through the fire wall I would prefer to avoid this rout.  In
my old Audi 4000 I ran it in flex tube under the belly of the car, from
the battery to the trunk.

I would like to do this before monday, when I go back to work. So please
send your replies at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!,

Joe