Re: '98 GTI Body Color Stitching

George,
        I've got a '98 Porcelain Blue GTI VR6 and the stiching on the
shift lever boot and steering wheel  does match my paint, very cool!
However,when I was shopping for my car, in late November, every other
color GTI VR6 had the red stiching. The only colors I did not see were
Ginster yellow and Silver Arrow. Actually, the dealer where I eventually
bought my car had a GTI (non VR6) Porcelain Blue that had arrived in
early Nov.( 3 weeks before the car I bought ) with the Red stiching so
you may be correct -Perhaps VW is running low on red thread.............

             Loren B.