Re:I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES

You should of ripped it off, or we should make a sticker that finishes the "R",
like, "Type-R" Then we show up and it reads, "Type-Retard"

Subject: I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES
Author: owner-gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com
Date:  12/18/97 10:08 AM

HI all, chris collier here,

i was at the Mall of America this past Tuesday, killing some time before
my plane left to come back to Kentucky;

i pulled into the parking ramp, and while looking for a spot to park, i
eyed a Black GTi VR6; of course i found a parking place and then
proceeded to walk over to where the VW was parked;

nothing too alarmingly different about this car; no visible mods, from
the rear and side;

AND THEN THERE IT WAS.........PLAIN AS DAY.......RIGHT ON THE SIDE OF
THE CAR
just below the side molding under the rear side windows...........

it brings heartache to me to have to bring this to the list...........
i was absolutely stunned by what i saw...............

a TYPE R sticker, right on the side, on the paint, accompanied by a
neuspeed sticker...

now normally this would not have burned me up too bad; except for the
fact that i had just visited the Rice-Boy home page, and had
many-o-laughs at other's expense;
i had even sent that page to friends for them to enjoy the idiocy of
some people.....

but seeing this sticker on a family member's car, a VW, well that just
hits too close to home;

i was saddened and thought i would share so that we can all remember
this VW owner in our prayers, and let him know that there is a place to
get help; there are those of us who care......we can help;

the first step is admitting that you have a problem

thanks for the wasted bandwidth,

chris

p.s.-don't let me find out that that was your car Lewis Lau, i will be
very disappointed, ha ha

p.s.s.-if the car i saw was one of us on the list, please...please...be
proud of what you have and don't emulate the
others.............especially the Honda

- --
christopher n. collier
collier@iglou.com

SCCA Member
R254561
Region 017

97 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Digest Version of Mods Available Upon Request.......

In search/need of a 2.0L 16v engine for project car

- --
For info on: how to subscribe & unsubscribe, the list's mailing errors,
    list archive, etc.  see:   http://www.panix.com/~aqn/gti_vr6_list/