Coilover?

O.K. - I hate to sound stupid, but it's unavoidable. :-)  I've seen the
term coilover used in the past couple of weeks, usually in relation to
coilover kits, and I gather that has something to do with suspension.
Could someone drop me a quick definition of what is meant by a "coilover
kit"?

Thanks,
John

**************John Andrew Kilpatrick*kilpatri@cs.ucdavis.edu*******************
*  "Tsuki ni kawatte...oshiokiyo!"  |   I do not speak for CS, UC Davis, or   *
*    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon    |   anyone else.   You have been warned.  *
********************http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~kilpatri/*******************