Re: VR6 whine

> Now that it is cold, I have noticed my VR6 whines until it is warmed up.
>  The noise is directly proportional to the amount of throttle input.
>
>  I called my dealer and was told this is normal and is the result of some
>  emissions hardware. I am sceptical.
>
>  Do all of your (97) GLX's make the same noise until warm or am I going back
>  to the dealer?
>
>  - Dave R.
>     97 GLX

Dave,

My car does the exact same thing and it's a '98.  In the morning, I start my
car and drive away in cold weather.  I does exactly what you are referring to.
It seems more transmission related, but I hope not.  As for the dealer, they
might be right in terms of the emissions stuff.

Chuck Marshall
'98 GLX
Black with Black Leather
Bose