Subject: air bath / p-flo
Author: owner-gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com
Date:  12/13/97 4:53 PM

we all know that the p-flo sucks(more than hot air) and after reading
the feb 98 issue of EC, they finally agree. but one thing really bothers
me, why would someone spend $295 ($155 for p-flo & $140 for air bath)
for something like an open air filter that is equal or less than
factory? Let me quote EC, "This is a no brainer for anyone who has a
free flow air filter system: you need the air bath. Whether you have an
ABD Quickflow, Nospeeds P-flo or have just replaced the stock filter
assembly with a cone style filter that hangs out in the hot air, you
need the airbath to get back to stock horsepower. Your car may sound
faster with the trick filter, and looking under the hood may tell you
that it looks faster too. But one thing is for sure, if it is breathing
hot air, it ain't gonna be faster, no how, no way."
Congrats on MidKnight for creating somewhat of a "fix" for those who
have the p-flo but i just don't see the point to having an open air
filter. if i read the horsepower charts correctly, even the combo loses
power. i've been vocal about my dislikes of nospeed products and have
said since day one that the p-flo sucks and is ridiculously over priced
and now EC has finally said so. i can't believe it.

just some thoughts i had. ok, my flame resistant suit is on. begin
flames now.
- --
For info on: how to subscribe & unsubscribe, the list's mailing errors,
    list archive, etc.  see:   http://www.panix.com/~aqn/gti_vr6_list/