New shift nobs in the 98 GTI's

Hey guys,

I was just at the dealer and was walking around some new A4's and GTI's
and noticed that the new GTI's have a wickedly cool new shifter.
Instead of the leather coming up and around the top of the shifter, it
comes up to a loose collar around the aluminum colored shaft of the
shifter. And shift knob now looks like, essentially, a large golf ball.
It's completely round with the bottom half being the same color as the
shaft, aluminum. And the top half is black.  The whole ball/knob is
covered by round dimples, like a golf ball, but about a quarter inch in
diameter. On top sits the shift patter, as usual, but with GTI printed
in large red block letters.

I WANT ONE FOR MY GLX!!!!!!

Does anyone know if this new shifter is available on the 98 GLXs?  And
would it fit a 95 GLX?? I didn't see any new GLXs at the dealer.

Joe