ABS Problems

I am looking for help from the group concerning this ongoing problem. I am
a Master VW/Audi technician working in a VW/Audi/Porsche dealership. I have
been lucky because I have only seen 2 of these problems this year compared
to what I have been reading about in this list. The last car we worked on
was a 96 Passat with the phantom ABS light. This car was real strange
because it had a very low serial number 000415. We ordered a new control
unit. When the old ECM was removed it had a different part number.
Apparently this control unit was for a 95 Passat. Since the car had a very
low serial number VW must have had left over parts from the prior year they
wanted to use up. I spoke with our DSM today and told him I would post this
request to the group and ask for serial numbers of the cars that have had
their ABS control units replaced.
I am wondering if this is the cause to the ABS complaints. Mismatched parts.

Please send me your serial number. I only need the last 6 digits which are
sequential.

Thanks

Don